Package & Delivery Policy
• ‘Ezshipp’ means Ezshipp Intercity Logistics Private Limited.
• ‘Parties’ mean and include consignor, consignee and / or his / her authorized representatives.
• ‘Delivery’ means tender of shipment to the parties or intimation about arrival of the shipment at the destination.
2. Ezshipp is a private carrier and its rights and liabilities are governed exclusively by the express terms set out herein below subject to the applicable laws this consignment note constitutes a binding contract between Ezshipp and the parties.
3. At Ezshipp we do not undertake packaging of the shipment. It shall be your responsibility to pack the shipment with appropriate material to ensure safe delivery.
4. Please use appropriate size boxes / packing material as per the weight of the consignment.
5. Ezshipp shall deliver items weighing up to 5 kilo grams and are not part of Restricted and dangerous items list.
6. Fragile items (other than the items mentioned in the list of restricted and dangerous items) shall be packed by the consignor before the delivery Biker.
7. The consignments should not contain any such items or materials which are prohibited or contraband by the law of the land. In the event of any consignment containing any of the aforesaid items or material, the Customer agrees and undertakes to indemnify the Company in respect of all claims and losses that occur in respect of such consignments. Further the customer will be solely responsible for any cost and consequences for booking and couriering such item or material through the Company.
8. The consignor hereby declares that the consignment covered under this consignment note does not include any contraband / legally restricted / hazardous / flammable / poisonous / explosive / currency / jewelry / food coupon / share certificate or articles categorized as prohibited.
9. Restricted Items:
• Indian Postal Articles and all items that infringe the Indian Postal Act, 1898
• Precious and semi-precious stones, gems, jewellery and equivalent items
• Negotiable Instruments
• Pornographic material
• Sodexo Pass
10. Dangerous Goods:
• Flammable Liquids
• Flammable solids
• Oxidizers and Organic Peroxides
• Toxic and Infectious Substances
• Radioactive or magnetic material
11. Ezshipp has the right but not the obligation to open and / or inspect any shipment consigned by the consignor to ensure that all the items are capable of carriage to the destination within the standard operating procedure and handling methods.
12. Ezshipp reserves the right to refuse the consignor not conforming to these terms and conditions without assigning any reasons whatsoever
13. No claim shall be entertained by Ezshipp for any loss or shortage, damage, non-delivery / breakage / leakage / pilferage, etc. of the consignment. The responsibility of Ezshipp ends on delivery of the consignment unless, in the case of fragile goods, the consignment is opened and checked before the biker and any damage / loss is caused due to the negligence of the biker during the course of delivery.
14. Subsequent to booking of a consignment if the consignor makes any changes in the address or any other changes, additional charges shall be levied as a result of such a change.
15. Services of the Company shall be provided within the city limits of Hyderabad and the Outer Ring Road.
16. Ezshipp shall have a general lien over all the consignments of the parties towards any dues payable to Ezshipp by the parties.
17. If the parties do not take delivery of the consignment for any reason whatsoever, Ezshipp shall raise bills on the parties towards transportation and other charges in accordance with the terms of the contract and the parties shall be liable to pay all dues payable to Ezshipp.
18. The liability of Ezshipp if any, in delay of the shipment (subject to any exceptions mentioned in the policies of the Company) shall be to the extent of basic freight charges only. Ezshipp shall not be responsible for any consequential losses / claims.
19. Insurance & Liability: We shall not incur any liability to you for providing you with the services and access to the Ezshipp Platform. Notwithstanding this, in the event we are ever held liable for any loss suffered by you, our liability shall not exceed the fees received by us for the particular services you have selected on the Ezshipp Platform. No liability shall be incurred by us in the event of a force majeure event resulting in the disruption of the services. You will be required to indemnify us from and against and in respect of any or all liabilities, losses, charges and expenses (including legal fees and costs) claims, demands, actions and proceedings which we may incur or sustain directly or indirectly from or by any reason of or in relation to the use or proposed use of the Ezshipp Platform or a breach of any representations and warranties made by you, and shall pay such sums on demand by us. Presently Ezshipp does not provide any insurance for the consignments delivered.
20. You warrant, undertake and guarantee to us that:
• The contents of the consignment have been properly described at the time of booking on the Ezshipp Platform.
• That the goods being consigned by you are not Restricted and Dangerous Items, prohibited for carriage by any law, rule, regulation of India and / or are not restricted by the applicable regulations and neither you nor the consignee is a person or organisation with whom we or you may not legally trade under any applicable laws or regulations.
• That all statements and information and documents provided by you relating to the consignment will be true and correct and you acknowledge that in the event that you make untrue or fraudulent statement about the consignment or any of its contents, you would risk a civil claim and / or criminal prosecution the penalties for which may include forfeiture and sale. You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claims that may be brought against us or our agents arising from the information provided by you.
• The drivers / delivery personnel are authorised to deliver the goods at the address mentioned at the time of booking and without prejudice to the foregoing it is expressly agreed that they shall be conclusively presumed to have delivered the goods in accordance with booking.
• You have provided the accurate declaration with respect to the type of goods and the value of the consignment.
• You will provide accurate information pertaining to the consignment, and we shall not be required to independently verify the consignment, and we will issue the goods receipt / consignment note / goods forwarding note based on the information provided by you.
• All applicable laws and regulations have been complied with by you.